AlphaTec® FLASH Gastight Suit
(Formerly known as TRELLCHEM® VPS Flash) Cost-efficient high performance suit providing excellent chemical protection. Certified to both EN 943-2 and NFPA 1991:2016 including the optional chemical flash fire and liquefied gas protection requirements.
Cost-efficient high performance suit providing excellent chemical protection. Certified to both EN 943-2 and NFPA 1991:2016 including the optional chemical flash fire and liquefied gas protection requirements.
- Provides an outstanding barrier against a wide range of chemicals
- Patented fabric system with chloroprene rubber on an aramid base fabric, providing excellent flame and abrasion resistance
- Meets NFPA 1991:2016 including the optional chemical flash fire and liquefied gas protection requirements
- PyroMan™ tested
- Fire and Rescue
- Law Enforcement
- Design: AlphaTec® VPS comes in three different designs to fit all user preferences:
- Encapsulating design type CV (wide vision visor with 3D depth of 20 cm) – Well-proven design that fits on top of all major SCBA brands and bottle sizes
- Encapsulating design type VP1 (larger visor) – Fits on top of all major SCBA brands and bottle sizes
- Non-encapsulating design type T – Suitable for work in confined spaces
- Garment Material:
- Outer: Strong and flexible polyamide fabric coated with chloroprene rubber.
- Inner: Chloroprene rubber and a multi-layer barrier laminate.
- This well-proven combination of rubber and a multilayer chemical barrier provides excellent chemical protection – more than 8 hours against a wide range of chemicals – coupled with great abrasion and flame resistance.
- Seams: Stitched with aramid thread for superior strength and durability. Sealed on the outside with a glued-on rubber tape and on the inside with a welded-on barrier laminate tape. The welded-on barrier tape provides a continuous barrier layer across the seam, giving the same chemical protection as the garment material itself. Read more about the unique AlphaTec® Seam Technology.
- Colour: Orange (standard) or Olive green (upon request)
- NFPA 1991:2016 incl. the optional Chemical Flash Fire & Liquefied Gas protection requirements*
- EN 943-1:2015 and EN 943-1/FprA1:2018
- EN 943-2:2002 and FprEN 943-2:2018
- EN 1073-2:2002 (radioactive particle protection)
- EN 14126:2003 (infective agent protection)
- EN 1149-5:2008 (antistatic suit material)
- Approved for use in ATEX zones 2/21, 22 and chemical group IIA
* Only encapsulating suits with sewn-in socks/booties.
|Minimum Order Quantity|
VISOR (ENCAPSULATING SUITS)
Made from a rigid 2 mm impact and chemical resistant PVC. Comes in two optional sizes; CV or the larger VP1. Covered by a replaceable, antistatic Tear-off/ATEX lens.
FACE SEAL (NON-ENCAPSULATING/TYPE T SUITS)
Made from rubber and anatomically designed for optimum safety and comfort. A Mini Hood comes with all type T suits. Read more about the AlphaTec® Mini Hood.
GLOVES & ATTACHMENTS
Ansell Barrier® #02-100 inner glove and outer AlphaTec® #38-628 Viton®/Butyl rubber glove. Suits certified to NFPA 1991:2016 also have an additional outer knitted cut protective glove, the AlphaTec® Overglove, made from aramid fiber. The gloves are attached with a Bayonet glove ring system, which offers quick and simple glove exchange. Read more about Gloves.
FOOTWEAR & ATTACHMENTS
Suits can be fitted with either sewn-in socks/booties made of the garment material or attached Nitrile rubber safety boots with European approval as Firemen’s boots (not on suits certified to NFPA 1991:2016). The boots are fixed with an ergonomically designed ring attachment, for simplified boot exchange. Read more about Boots.
HCR zipper, which includes a barrier film for increased chemical resistance. The zipper is closing downwards, for added safety, and is protected by a flap/splash guard.
A ventilation system is included as standard. For the safety of the wearer, it provides a constant level of over-pressure inside the suit. The Regulating valve has 3 ventilation rates (2, 30 and 100 l/min) plus zero/off position and is an option also available in a pass through version for use with external air supply. Encapsulating suits have two over pressure valves in the back of the hood. Non-encapsulating suits have one over-pressure valve on the chest. Read more about Suit Ventilation.