AlphaTec® SUPER Gastight Suit
The AlphaTec® SUPER (formerly known as TRELLCHEM® SUPER), is the true workhorse of the Ansell gastight suit range. Highly chemical resistant and durable, yet soft and flexible, it has an outstanding performance record and users within all areas.
The AlphaTec® SUPER, is the true workhorse of the Ansell gastight suit range. Highly chemical resistant and durable, yet soft and flexible, it has an outstanding performance record and users within all areas.
- Combination of antistatic butyl rubber with a Viton® top coating for outstanding resistance to attack from a wide range of chemicals
- Exceptional protection against alkalis, strong acids (e.g. hydrofluoric acid), petrochemicals, chlorinated solvents, aromatics and oils
- Maximises strength and durability while maintaining softness and flexibility, ensuring increased wearer comfort
- Approved for work in explosive atmospheres.
- Fire and Rescue
- Law Enforcement
- Design: AlphaTec® SUPER comes in four different designs to fit all user preferences:
- Encapsulating design type CV (wide vision visor with 3D depth of 20 cm) – Well-proven design that fits on top of all major SCBA brands and bottle sizes
- Encapsulating design type VP1 (larger visor) – Fits on top of all major SCBA brands and bottle sizes
- Non-encapsulating design type T – Suitable for work in confined spaces
- Encapsulating design type FREEFLOW – For use with external air source (see Air-Fed Garments)
- Garment Material:
- Outer: Butyl rubber and a top layer of Viton® rubber coated on polyamide fabric
- Inner: Butyl rubber
- This construction maximizes strength and durability while maintaining softness and flexibility. The combination of anti-static butyl rubber with Viton® on top offers an outstanding resistance to attack from a wide range of chemicals.
- Seams: Stitched and sealed inside and outside with a glued-on tape, made of the same rubber type as the fabric coating.
- Colour: Yellow
- EN 943-1:2015 and EN 943-1/FprA1:2018
- EN 943-2:2002 and FprEN 943-2:2018
- EN 1073-2:2002 (radioactive particle protection)
- EN 14126:2003 (infective agent protection)
- EN 1149-5:2008 (antistatic suit material)
- Approved for use in ATEX zones 0, 1, 2/20, 21, 22 and chemical group IIA, IIB, IIC
* Only non-encapsulating / type T suits.
|Minimum Order Quantity|
VISOR (ENCAPSULATING SUITS)
Made from a rigid 2 mm impact and chemical resistant PVC. Comes in two optional sizes; CV or the larger VP1. Covered by a replaceable, antistatic Tear-off/ATEX lens.
FACE SEAL (NON-ENCAPSULATING/TYPE T SUITS)
Made from rubber and anatomically designed for optimum safety and comfort. A Mini Hood comes with all type T suits. Read more about the AlphaTec® Mini Hood.
GLOVES & ATTACHMENTS
AlphaTec® #38-628 Viton®/Butyl rubber gloves in combination with rubber cuffs for added safety. Other glove options are available. The gloves are attached with a Bayonet glove ring system, which offers quick and simple glove exchange. Read more about Gloves.
FOOTWEAR & ATTACHMENTS
Sewn-in socks/booties made of the suit material. Alternatively attached black nitrile rubber safety boots with European approval as Firemen’s boots. The boots are fixed with an ergonomically designed ring attachment, for simplified boot exchange. Read more about Boots.
HCR zipper, which includes a barrier film for increased chemical resistance. The zipper is closing downwards, for added safety, and is protected by a flap/splash guard.
A ventilation system is included as standard. For the safety of the wearer, it provides a constant level of over-pressure inside the suit. The Regulating valve has 3 ventilation rates (2, 30 and 100 l/min) plus zero/off position and is an option also available in a pass-through version for use with external air supply. Encapsulating suits have two over-pressure valves in the back of the hood. Non-encapsulating suits have one over-pressure valve on the chest. Read more about Suit Ventilation.